• AndyJ
    AndyJ

This Christmas Time We Really Need To Thank You!

It's that time of the year again, but it hasn't been just another year. It's been the most dreadful year I remember.

You know my view on most things that happened this year, so I will spare you from it in this post.

This Christmas Time We Really Need To Thank You!

I've never been so angry and frustrated in my life, but I post this because I really need to thank you for sticking around despite all.

I need to thank above all those who kept the reviews coming to the point of challenging the odds, and keeping things almost to a normal level in the worst months. I need to thank those who kept buying subscriptions despite options out there being so little. Those who kept advertising despite their earning capabilities being removed from them. Those who kept posting their contributions in a positive and/or constructive manner, our moderators included.

Thank you all!

I hope you have a good Christmas and festive season, and I'm terrible sorry for you if you are among those unlucky ones who are missing some relatives or friends.

I'm also sorry for you if you were left without a job or if your business was destroyed. I really wish you the best ahead and I hope you'll bounce back.

I wish everyone a much less dystopian 2021, but I even say this with very moderate optimism. But here's hoping, that's all I ask Santa this time around.

Take care of yourselves, and make the best out of it. Bring on 2021, and roll the dice again. We'll be here as usual.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

You too Andy,  it has been a year we will not forget...........and it is still not over!

Personal issues have kept me away from here, and other areas that Mr Luvver has been known to hang around, perhaps next year I hope I can come roaring back again.....who knows.

Anyhow best wishes to you, and all the Punter Planet members........yes even those that don't like me much.🙂

Stay safe everyone, enjoy some good times with your loved ones.

Cheers

Mr Luvver (tm) 

• Like 1
    • Thanks 2

Merry Xmas to you Andy, and all PP members - each and every one of you. This year has been one we will remember for a long time. So let’s send it off with a bang. Thank goodness for PP, which was a beacon of enjoyment and sanity (sometimes insanity) during those long, miserable months of lockdown. I’m sure next year will be a ball tearing success. So eat up, drink up and make merry mischief over the festive season. 

• Like 1
    • Thanks 4

And a big thanks to you Andy for keeping the good ship PP afloat during the layoff season. Bad enough not being able to punt but to resume without reviews and banter... now that would be sad. Happy Christmas. 

• Like 1
    • Thanks 3

2021 will be a better year. Things are already starting to look up. Merry Religious Festival to all.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 2

This will pass my friend. Thanks for keeping the site going and putting up with us.

• Thanks 1

Merry Xmas Andy and to all PP community!!!

• Thanks 1

Merry Christmas Andy and all PP fraternety , as Queen Elizabeth once said " its been a ANNUS HORRIBULIS "

for most people. But lets look forward to 2121 . Happy punting everyone .

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, PlayDohBalls said:

Thank goodness for PP, which was a beacon of enjoyment and sanity (sometimes insanity) during those long, miserable months of lockdown.

This is the difference I think PP made to the members. Reading through many threads, I saw it allowed people to vent, share advice (not always sage, but the tounge in cheek ones were funny), banter exchanged and generally it just helped lighten the weight. It also allowed us all to hear what was happening around the country. 

Covid and the responses provided by Govt didn't affect me negatively. I was fortunate. But I used PP as a resource to keep in touch with how others were faring. It certainly was bad for some, including SWs. 

Best wishes to everyone. And to those who did it tough, that things dramatically improve.

@AndyJ Thanks for keeping things going and posting your thoughts down when you can. Great job.

• Thanks 2

It has been a very different year 

Wishing all a save & healthy Xmas

• Thanks 1

• Message For Guests

Welcome to Punter Planet's Community! To see most of our boards' content (a lot more than the small amount of topics you can see right now), you'll need to log in or create a free account. After registration, remember to validate your account via email (so please use a valid address and make sure the message we'll send you does not go to your spam folder).