• AndyJ
    AndyJ

Punter Planet is now iPhone push notification ready!

Yes, this means you'll finally get notifications on your phone, even when you do not have your browser open, to alert you of new content on followed items and more. A feature Android owners have enjoyed for a while.

With notifications, you can have an authentic native app experience.

Members can add our community to their home screen with the share button. Once it has been added, it looks and feels (almost!) like a native app downloaded from the App Store. Now you can have a real app experience without needing a mobile app.

hero__cj6i78tzkp8i_large.jpg.ebe0682770f

To enable push notifications on iOS:

• Ensure you are using iOS 16.4 or newer
    • Save the site to your iPhone's home screen via the share icon
    • Enable push notifications via the option at the bottom of the notifications options page
    • Ensure you have set some notifications to "+ Push"
    • Make sure you haven't disabled notifications via iOS Settings globally or for the app icon if you scroll down the settings list in iOS.

IMG_2112.jpg

More instructions for members can be found here:

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I don’t normally allow notifications unless it’s for banking. Definitely don’t want a PP message showing up on my locked screen.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wicked said:

I don’t normally allow notifications unless it’s for banking. Definitely don’t want a PP message showing up on my locked screen.

Well, you are not forced to use it. But many people have asked for this throughout the years.

• Thanks 1

• Message For Guests

Welcome to Punter Planet's Community! To see most of our boards' content (a lot more than the small amount of topics you can see right now), you'll need to log in or create a free account. After registration, remember to validate your account via email (so please use a valid address and make sure the message we'll send you does not go to your spam folder).