Does Seeing sex workers on a regular basis make you a emotionally Unavailable person?
Does Being a sex worker make you an emotionally unavailable person??
A few days ago I was reading up on emotionally unavailable people. I ticked every single one of the boxes and chateristics of an emotionally unavailble person.
- I don't plan on ever getting married, settling down and having kids.
- The last time i had sex without money being exchanged was Yrs ago.
- The last time i went out on a "date" without money exchanged was also Yrs ago.
- I have no interest in a relationship and no interest in sex outside the punter/WL relationship.
- The idea of meeting a guys parents, saying i love you and all that all make me cringe.
- I am a highly independant person and absoloutely hate relying on others for anything. Even when i need help. I normally never ask for it Unless i have no other choice.
It's made me think. Is it because i've been a sex worker for so long that I am like this?
As a sex worker we learn how to seperate our emotions from physical intimacy. We also learn to be able to control our feelings and not fall for every Nice regular punter we see.
One of my regulars is an attractive Single Mid 30's successful man who is also a very nice funny guy. He has been my regular for aprox 3 years and he sees me either weekly or fortnightly. I am suprised and shocked that i have no interest in seeing him outside. He meets what i look for in a guy. He is older, Tick. Good looking. Tick, Successful, Tick, Polite, Tick, Funny. Tick.
If i wasn't in the sex industry. Would i have fallen for that particular regular?
This industry has also opened my eyes to the amount of Married men who see sex workers. I offer a more GFE so most of the times the guys i see tell me about their lives. How their marriages and home life is like. Most of the stories i hear is that Marriage sucks. lol
Is hearing all the bad stories about marriage life making me not want to settle down?? I don't know.
So i guess this blog entry is about me trying to figure out if being a sex worker has affected me to be an emotionally unavailable person??
On the flip side. Do punters seeing sex workers also become emotionally unavailable? They can just rely on no strings attached sex from a sex worker and get anything they need sexually without any emotions.
Are other sex workers like me too?